[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Progress bar for fileUpload

zaya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 07:33:50 EDT 2007

Thanks shane.

Do you mean a user will upload several files in a _single_ multipart request, or upload several files simultaneously in different tabs of browser in the same user session but _separated_ multipart requests?

If what you means is the first. I guess it's just not possible to distinguish individually how much each file is uploaded since in http, fields are serialized and it doesn't make sense to distinguish so. Just use session variable to store how much the total bytes the multipart request is, and how much bytes currently the filter has received, that should be perfectly enough, at least for our use case.

If what you mean it the second one, I think it's much better to store variables in conversation scoped components, and these variables will not interfere each other because they are isolated by conversion. This is a very interesting feature I admit, and if seam can implement it it would be very nice.

Before jira can solve this issue, I'd like to come up to some quick solutions. Now I have two scenarios:

1. Build a servlet myself and use that servlet to process file uploads.
2. Extends SeamFilter

The second one should be cleaner, but I don't how difficulte it would be.

Both need to put some variables( eventually, total bytes for a request and currently processed bytes for that request) somewhere. And both require to access seam component (of course, I can use session but it's not clean anyway) in servlet or servlet filter. Is there way to access seam component in servlets or filters? Then I can find them using a4j or seam remoting.

Cheers,
Zaya

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067765#4067765

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067765