[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Custom Logging in Seam

ucfjeff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 14:36:20 EDT 2007

We have a custom log implementation that wraps log4j.  It collects extra application (appID, serverName, etc) and session data (sessionID, customerID, etc) for analysis while staying as close to the log4j style as possible.

For convienence and standardization we wanted to use the @Logger annotation in our new Seam apps.

I suppose we can inject our logger as a Seam class, but we will lose the ability to use EL expressions in our log Strings.

Perhaps we can come up with a clever way to use Seam logging and collect said data.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067962#4067962

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067962