[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - How to support JTA Transaction in tomcat for JBoss cache

umarzubair1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 09:26:53 EDT 2007

I am using hibernate. I am looking to use JTA Transaction because i want to use JBoss tree cache for cluster environment. My hibernate.cfg.xml files contains

<session-factory>
      java:comp/env/MykDS

      <!-- SQL dialect -->

      org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect

      org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory

      java:comp/UserTransaction

      org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup

 </session-factory>

MyDS is defined in config/server.xml by

 < Resource
name="MyDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
               maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                                                username="root" password="root" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
                                                url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb"

                                       removeAbandoned="true"

                                       removeAbandonedTimeout="600"

                                       logAbandoned="true"/>
When I start to tomcat, I am facing following exception.

How can we use JTATransactions in tomcat.

141640 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].

/Administration].[Faces Servlet]  - Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception%jav

x.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name TransactionManager is not bound in this Context

        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:769)

        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:152)

        at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:136)

        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)

        at org.hibernate.transaction.JNDITransactionManagerLookup.getTransactionManager(JNDITransac

ionManagerLookup.java:23)

        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.(SessionFactoryImpl.java:325)

        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1294)

        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.ja

a:915)

        at com.mw.framework.util.HibernateUtil.(HibernateUtil.java:37)

Thanks in advance

Umar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068206#4068206

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068206