[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Lost the ability to debug - timeout...

henrik.lindberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 10:21:01 EDT 2007

Aaaargh - the problem is back!
Have no clue as to what caused it to come back - and the steps I took last time did not help this time.

When running outside the microcontainer JBoss starts upp in between 40 seconds to 1:20. When running the microcontainer it takes 9-10 minutes!

Things are reasonably fast up to the point when the boot reaches this section:

  | 15:55:22,921 INFO  [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory, java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces}
  | 15:55:22,921 INFO  [UpdateTimestampsCache] starting update timestamps cache at region: cssite_ear,cssite_jar,cssite.org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache
  | 15:55:22,937 INFO  [StandardQueryCache] starting query cache at region: cssite_ear,cssite_jar,cssite.org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache
  | 15:55:30,859 INFO  [JmxKernelAbstraction] creating wrapper delegate for: org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulContainer
  | 15:55:30,953 INFO  [JmxKernelAbstraction] installing MBean: jboss.j2ee:ear=cssite.ear,jar=cssite.jar,name=BillOfMaterialsHome,service=EJB3 with dependencies:
  | 15:55:37,015 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: com.cloudsmith.cssite.entityctrl.BillOfMaterialsHome ejbName: BillOfMaterialsHome
  | 15:55:37,906 INFO  [JmxKernelAbstraction] creating wrapper delegate for: org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulContainer
  | 15:55:37,921 INFO  [JmxKernelAbstraction] installing MBean: jboss.j2ee:ear=cssite.ear,jar=cssite.jar,name=ComponentHome,service=EJB3 with dependencies:
  | 15:55:42,125 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: com.cloudsmith.cssite.entityctrl.ComponentHome ejbName: ComponentHome

i.e. right after schema export.

One earlier suspicion was that it had something to do with ports being blocked/used and that it was fighting with some firewall, or other software. Could that theory be true? Or, can you think of something else that would keep the boot very very busy - the cpu is at 100% load and my machine is on its knees when this happens.

Suggestions anyone? I really need to solve this problem.

I am on JBoss 4.2.1.GA, Seam 2.0 Beta, and on a Windows XP machine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068221#4068221

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068221