[jboss-user] newbie qustion: zombie jboss processes

jacques couzteau lists at bitfaeule.net
Fri Jul 27 12:22:04 EDT 2007

Hello,
I'm running a jboss app-server to host a soap service and a flex app
that server data from a mysql-db. The system runs on debian-linux.
The hardware is probably too slow to handle the load effectively
sometimes.

After some time a lot of jboss processes, appear in the process tree.
These are sleeping and seem to be hanging.

Could the performance limit of the machine be the cause? Furthermore
are there settings that can help to solve the problem?

Sorry, if these are obvious questions, but I'm new to jboss. I would
also appreciate a pointer to an faq or other sources of information.

Thank you

Jacques