[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Failed to boot JBoss when installed through installation

Cogito-Ergo-Sum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 01:28:18 EDT 2007

Hi Peter,
I tried a re-install. That is, deleted everything in the installation folder and the installation folder itself and then tried installing using :java -jar jems-installer-1.2.0.GA.jar -installGroup all installpath=/u/userid/jboss-4.0.5.GA

When invoking, I get an altogether different errors. Could not create deployment: file: $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/*.xml

Lot of services (collectively as *.xml above) get listed in the messages and AS never comes up.

However, when I had done the first installation (using the method shown above), I got JBoss AS working. I was not able to shutdown; niether could I uninstall successfully. Hence, I had to delete the whole installation folder. Now, when I am trying to install (in either way) I get errors. I know, this is a stuff-up. But, surely, with the whole of the folder gone, the installation should succeed...?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068601#4068601

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068601