[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Page action not called

Sammy8306 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 07:27:40 EDT 2007

"wise_guybg" wrote : Well this would be:
  | \AuthWebApp.war\noauth\login.page.xml
  | \AuthWebApp.war\noauth\login.xhtml

Right, so your view pages are not in the root of the war (as they are in some of the Seam example apps), I'm speculating that might be part of the problem.
anonymous wrote :
  | I think you should place the page.xml files next to the xhtml.

Yup, that's what I initially had:

\WebApp.war\Foo.xhtml
\WebApp.war\Foo.page.xml

No succes.

anonymous wrote :
  | You should determine what's wrong in your configuration.
  | You can debug the Pages.java to see what is wrong. See Pages.createPage()

Yeah, that's what I described in the previous posts. The debugging showed that Pages.java tries to load Foo.page.xml, but Resources.java fails loading it (it has several strategies to load external resources which all fail). It does work when I patch Pages.java to search for the files in /WEB-INF explicitly (as it does to lookup pages.xml). But, that's not really a solution since I'd have to run a patched version of Seam. I'm just stumped that the page.xml files cannot be loaded when they are in the root of the webapp, alongside  the xhtml files.

Thanks for your help though!

Oh, one more thought: may be my servlet container precludes access to these files? Though facelets can freely load the xhtml files in the same location, so I doubt it...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068679#4068679

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068679