[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - HUSTON WE GOT A PROBLEM. JSF, portal, jboss-container. Sun R

anders3 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 03:22:43 EDT 2007

I upgraded my portal from 2.6-CR1 to 2.6.1.GA

Then the portal told me that MyFacesGenericPortlet did'nt exist any longer.

1) Okay I could accept to add/change dependency lists when I upgrade.
2) Okay I could accept to add some factory thing to my application ....

But then searched this forum for "JSF AND myfaces" --> I got 9 pages of various issues.

The problem seems to be that the jboss-container has switched from myfaces to Sun RI.

One solution is to backport this change... Nice wiki (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Running2.6WithJBossAS4.2.xAndMyFaces)
But NO NO NO NO.. what if another of my portlet suppliers uses Sun RI
I am i chock that the page can exist. But anybody can write in the WIKI.. This cannot be a suggestion from the portal team?

I cannot accept that my portlet is not running on 2.6.1.GA when I get to know the reason.
This is simply not good enough.

9 pages of issues....
This tells me that JSF and the Portal has a bad story !!!!!
It also tells me that issues around this area are going to explode. (It actually also does at Bea, but that is not a explanation .. more a reason to worry to have equal problems to Bea)
It tells me that the portal is heading the wrong way !!!!!

What can I accept?

I can accept to add/change dependencies of my war
I can accept to add some configuration to my-own-war NOT the jboss-system!!!!

I can accept that the portal has a default JSF and that it changes !!!

My suggestion -- bridges

I suggest that the portal-project ensures these bridges.
I suggest that the portal provide these bridges before such a change like the one in 2.6.1.GA !!!

Therefore
"Huston we got a problem"

/Anders

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069011#4069011