[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBC 2 performance

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 03:42:48 EDT 2007

"aditsu" wrote : Hm.. I'm not sure how it's related, but it sounds very good.

I don't bother protecting/synchronizing the maps in a node when accessed via the XXDirect() calls as I assume that any locking happens on a higher level (see javadocs on NodeSPI).  So clearly this higher-level sync wasn't working and hence the concurrent modification exceptions.  And true enough, a bug in the PessimisticLockInterceptor was only acquiring read locks for remove(Fqn, Key) calls rather than write locks.

"aditsu" wrote :
  | I updated again from CVS; it seems to work now and doesn't do MapCopy anymore. The performance is still not really great, but it may not be JBC's fault. I'll keep profiling.

Performance not great, in relation to 1.4.1?  Or in an absolute sense?  What's your setup, how is your cluster configured, do you use cache loaders, eviction?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069020#4069020

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069020