[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Exception while trying Seam CRUD Hibernate Gen Tutorial

Grandfatha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 04:50:22 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I have been a reader of this forum for some time and I stumbled upon this great flash tutorial on the JBoss website that shows every step to produce a Seam project skeleton from an existing database schema ( http://www.jboss.com/products/seam/SeamHBTools.html).

In the tutorial the presenter creates a Hibernate Configuration file and then wants to generate the Seam project using the Hibernate Generation Tool that is integrated in JBoss Eclipse IDE.

I am on WinXP using "JBoss IDE 2.0.0 BETA2 Bundle" and I want to retrieve the information from an Oracle 10 database. The problem is, after launching the Hibernate Code Generation Tool I am presented with the following Exception.

anonymous wrote :

  | Exception while generating code
  |
  | Reason:
  |
  | org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.ExporterException : Error while processing template seam/find.jsp.ftl

More Details:

anonymous wrote :

  | org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.ExporterException: Error while processing template seam/find.jsp.ftl
  |   freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression field.value.typeName is undefined on line 45, column 6 in seam/find.jsp.ftl.
  |     freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression field.value.typeName is undefined on line 45, column 6 in seam/find.jsp.ftl.

Where is my mistake? Is it me or the tool? Known error?

Please help, I really would like to start things off with an existing Seam project skeleton ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069066#4069066

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069066