[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: my own hibernate mapping

brownfielda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 11:31:14 EDT 2007

k3nnymusic, I know where you stand.  Hard to be patient when deadlines are coming.  However, Thomas has some good advice about taking things one at a time.  Take the agile approach and do some spiking.  The lessons are invaluable.

If you do need a reference other than official documentation look at some of the simpler portlets on portletswap.org.  Some of them are massive, but there are some smaller ones that show elegant (from what I've seen thus far) integration of different technologies.

In this particular case (understanding hibernate), the Contacts Portlet helped immensely.  Between looking at that code and scanning/reading the hibernate documenation I managed to cleanly do what was needed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069227#4069227

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069227