[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Hot deployment and HQL

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 12:02:12 EDT 2007

I have a class that I am populating from a Query like this:
List<CurrencyAmount> currencyAmounts = entityManager.createQuery("select new com.locuslive.odyssey.amount.CurrencyAmount(la.currency, sum(la.chargeAmount)) from LineAmount ...etc
If I put this CurrencyAmount class into WEB-INF/dev then Hibernate cannot find it.

 org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Unable to locate class [com.locuslive.odyssey.util.CurrencyAmount]

Moving the class to a package that isn't hot deployed fixes this.

Bug or Feature?

Cheers,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069244#4069244