[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Client-side Seam remoting calls from a static web page outsi

art_jones76 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 17:18:53 EDT 2007

I'd like to embed client-side Seam remoting calls on a static web page outside of my
Seam application.

I have all the code for the "Hello World" Remoting sample application working fine.

All the Seam remoting calls work properly when the page that serves it comes
from within the application.

For example, the client-side remoting code works when it's on this page:
localhost:8080/a/myPage.seam

But the same client-side remoting code does not work when the page
that serves it is outside the application.

For example:
www.somesite.com/StaticPage.html

I get the following error message:

Note: I've already changed the relative references on the client side code to properly access
the required remoting Javascript resources. In other words:

On the page within the application:
<script type="text/javascript" src="seam/resource/remoting/resource/remote.js"></script>
  | <script type="text/javascript" src="seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?helloAction"></script>

On the static page outside the application:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:8080/a/seam/resource/remoting/resource/remote.js"></script>
  | <script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:8080/a/seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?helloAction"></script>

Is there anything else I need to configure to make this work? Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069382#4069382

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069382