[jboss-user] symLink outside webapp

Giorgio Ponza ponzagiorgio at libero.it
Fri Jun 1 07:00:44 EDT 2007

Hello
I am using jboss4.0.5 with tomcat5.5 embedded.
My first step was to deploy a webapp outside the box, and i succeeded.
Now this application should show graphs created by a monitor daemon that
are located OUTSIDE the webapp dir.
Lets say the webapp is in /var/webapps/test/ROOT.war
and the images are in /var/mrtg/

I've created a symlink in the ROOT.war dir, modified the server.xml and
added the attribute allowLinking="true" in the DefaultContext of that
web-app but with no luck.
I've seen in the mail archive someone had the same problem but haven't
seen a solution.
So i would like to know if there is a solution for this problem or
really jboss doesn't allow symlinks.
I know is not a good practice to access content outside the webapp, but
these are only graphs and i cannot install Apache only to serve that
images :D
Thanks in advance

Giorgio Ponza