[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Post 4.2/Seam 1.3.0.A upgrade: The conversation ended, ...

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 2 08:12:03 EDT 2007

I have a page.xml that starts a long running conversation:

<page>
  | 	<begin-conversation join="true" />

  | </page>

This has served me well for some time. After upgrading to Seam 1.3.0.Alpha (CVS 02-06-07), Trinidad 1.2 and Ajax4Jsf 1.1.1 when ever I submitted that page's data I would always get the following messages:

The conversation ended, timed out or was processing another request
  | The conversation ended, timed out or was processing another request

I would not be allowed to continue until I had caused a validation error twice, each submission would remove one of the "conversation ended" error messages (!).

The application always works the first time after the app server is started.  After that, I get the problem described above.

I have tried the following alternatives to starting a conversation:

<page action="#{conversation.begin}">
  | </page>
  |
  | and
  |
  | <page action="#{conversation.begin(true, false)}">
  | </page>
  |
  | and
  |
  | <page action="#{orderQuantityBean.startConversation}">
  | </page>
  |
  | @Name("orderQuantityBean")
  | @Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.EVENT)
  | public class OrderQuantityBeanHome implements OrderQuantityBean, Serializable {
  |
  |     @Begin(join=true)
  |     public String startConversation() {
  |     	return null;
  |     }
  | }

All result in the same messages.

Moving the begin-conversation into a navigation rule resolves my particular problem:

<page>
  | 	<navigation>
  | 		<rule if-outcome="get-quote" >
  | 			<begin-conversation join="true" />
  | 			<render view-id="/public/order-quantity.xhtml" />
  |  		</rule>
  | 	</navigation>
  | </page>

I am aware that certain situations have been tightened up in the latest Seam and JBoss versions. I am also aware that this is an alpha version.  So, was I using begin-conversation wrongly in the first place or is this a bug of some sort?

Cheers,

C.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050669#4050669

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050669