[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Transparent Persistence

RRLevering do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 2 13:46:05 EDT 2007

This is a funny question to ask given that the point of Seam is to tie together different layers of the web framework, however, does anyone have any architecture suggestions for creating a fairly transparent data layer using Seam?

My problem is that I'm working with an existing data layer interface API and in trying to conform to it, the data objects don't map neatly into entity objects.  They often contain relationship management as well, ie. Division has a addDepartment method, assuming a Department wasn't a first-class object.  So I think I need an underlying entity layer and then create the actual interface implementations as either POJOs or session beans.  I guess my point is, is there any way to keep this extra abstraction level and still get some nice things from Seam like conversation-managed persistence?  What types of objects should I make the in-between layer so Seam can understand that I'm not done with the EntityManager?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050690#4050690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050690