[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: About JBoss Portal 2.6 ...

javatwo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 2 21:55:08 EDT 2007

Hi Thomas, the blog is a great read.

For the User service/portlet,  we already have User, Role and User_Role tables in our own datatase that are similar to jbp_users, jbp_roles, and jbp_membership. But the user table has different columns such as totalNumberOfLogin, and lastLoginTime, etc.  We am using JSF, and already have JSF pages to manage users/roles.

We can create a portlet for creating/modifying users/roles using existing JSF page. but my question is: how to replace the jboss portal User service part? basically let jboss portal read User from our user table, and make jboss portal work. we do not need the additional user profile properties.

Another question is: our User table has totalNumberOfLogin, and lastLoginTime. When user login, the user table needs to be modified. Is there a callback after authentication?

Thanks for advice.
Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050726#4050726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050726