[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Redirect user to a specific URL when session timeout

aksarin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 00:34:16 EDT 2007

Hi.

I am using JAAS with JBoss and I am unable to figure out a proper way to redirect the user to a specific page when the session expires. JAAS redirects to the page which user was earlier attempting to access but this is not what I desire in my application. I tried looking at possible solutions and couldn't figure out how to achieve this functionality.

I considered the following possible places where i can do the redirection:

1. Extending the LoginModule and attempting to redirect.
2. Using a filter and configuring in server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\conf\web.xml. This doesn't work.
3. Using a filter and configuring inserver\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-server.war\WEB-INF\web.xml. This doesn't work.

In 2 and 3, the Filter isn't invoked when the session timesout may be because of JBoss server is intercepting the request before the filter can.

Ideally, when the session timesout the Subject is removed from the application. So I attempt to obtain the Subject in the filter and if it returns null then I try to redirect to the home page of the application again.

Does JBoss provide any extension mechanism or placeholders in JAAS so that i can plugin the functionality of redirecting when the session timesout or when the user is successfully logged in.

any suggestions on how to achieve this functionality ?

thanks
Ashish

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050790#4050790

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050790