[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Class loading problem

Jump do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 08:16:37 EDT 2007

I have a custom tag handler

  | import com.sun.facelets.FaceletContext;
  | import com.sun.facelets.FaceletException;
  | import com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttribute;
  | import com.sun.facelets.tag.TagConfig;
  | import com.sun.facelets.tag.TagHandler;
  |
  | public class InsertItemTagHandler extends TagHandler  {

  | 	public InsertItemTagHandler(TagConfig config) {
  | 		super(config);

  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void apply(FaceletContext context, UIComponent component) throws IOException, FacesException, FaceletException, ELException {

  | 	}
  |
  | }

and I also defined a custom tag in my custom.taglib.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
  | 	"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
  | 	"facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd">
  | <facelet-taglib>
  |     <namespace>http://custom.ui</namespace>
  |    	<tag>
  | 		<tag-name>insertItem</tag-name>
  | 		<handler-class>uicomponents.InsertItemTagHandler</handler-class>
  | 	</tag>
  | </facelet-taglib>

but for unknown reason I obtain

  | java.io.IOException: Error parsing [jndi:/localhost/custom-ui-component/WEB-INF/custom.taglib.xml]:
  | Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error Handling [jndi:/localhost/custom-ui-component/WEB-INF/custom.taglib.xml at 15,67] <handler-class>
  | Caused by: java.lang.Exception: uicomponents.InsertItemTagHandler must be an instance of com.sun.facelets.tag.TagHandler

By the way, I have the only instance of jsf-facelets.jar (well, actually there are 2: first one in war.dir/WEB-INF/lib and other one in default/tmp/deploy, but I guess they are the same) and there is no ohter TagHandler classes defined.

I also added to my application.xml

  |    <module>
  |    	<java>custom-ui-component.war/WEB-INF/lib/jsf-facelets.jar</java>
  |    </module>

but still no result.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050911#4050911