[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Using Jboss Cache 1within WebLogicServer 10.0

ramdas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 15:37:05 EDT 2007

Thanks. That helped.
I am relatively new to the JBoss cache world and since i am porting this code over from running within JBoss to WLS, i am not sure what all in the code belongs to the JBoss cache vs JBoss AS.

In my application code, the JNDI lookup is done using the MBeanServerLocator class as shown here:
MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locate();
        cache = (TreeCacheMBean)MBeanProxyExt.create(TreeCacheMBean.class,"jboss.cache:service=TreeCache", server);
 The cache is then manipulated using cache.put() and cache.get() methods.

I am assuming the TreeCache is registered into the JBoss AS JNDI automatically by the JBoss AS framework using the "replySync-service.xml" configuration file.

In the sample that u have put out, if i understand it right, the  job of registering the TreeCache is being done by the JBossCacheManager class.

Was wondering if it was possible to use the MBeanServerLocator within WebLogic server to locate the JBoss cache ?  Or would I need to use the JBossCacheManager approach to register the TreeCache?

Thanks

Ramdas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051076#4051076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051076