[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to coordinate amongst child & parent processes?

lachelt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 19:39:22 EDT 2007

We'd like to have one process that starts many (tens to hundreds) child processes (each using the same process definition).  As each child process completes it updates the parent process to indicate its completion.  When all of the children are complete the parent can continue execution.

Does this make sense?  If so, how should the children update their parent?  How shall the parent know that it should continue?  Is this a job for Fork and Join?

This doesn't sound like a job for sub-processes... or am I wrong about that?  Would there be a way to do this with sub-processes, and would that have some advantage?

Thanks for any suggestions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051140#4051140

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051140