[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Trouble Using <s:convertEntity/> on Glassfish

soluble do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 15:50:52 EDT 2007

Looking futher at the configuration I have discovered that just adding <core:entity-manager-factory name="dbFactory" persistence-unit-name="bookingDatabase"/> to the components.xml file in the Glassfish example of jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA causes all the errors in the previous post. On examination of the org.jboss.seam.core.EntityManagerFactory source code I found that there is a requirement for EntityManagerFactory to use the Seam microcontainer:

  | @Scope(ScopeType.APPLICATION)
  | @Intercept(NEVER)
  | @Startup(depends="org.jboss.seam.core.microcontainer")
  | public class EntityManagerFactory
  | {
  |
  |    private String persistenceUnitName;

I am pretty certain that I should not need to use the microcontainer in Glassfish v2 as it is EE compliant. Could the problem I am having be related to
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=106649
and
http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1195

If so is there any way around it or will I have to use the Seam microcontainer with Glassfish to get <s:convertEntity/> working?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051529#4051529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051529