[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - 4.0.5 to 4.2.0 Upgrade

djr667 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 04:48:49 EDT 2007

Just in the rare case that someone at JBoss cares.

Upgrading to 4.2.0 has been a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

1. JSF 1.2 does not work with MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.4 or 1.1.5
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=108746
All JBoss says about this is that Tomahawk 'should work'.

2. (Apparently) JBossTS does not support multiple local-tx and switching to xa-tx does not work so easily
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=109361
No comments in release notes about this.

3. JBossWeb Native does not work very well with a reverse-proxy. We get random 3 second delays before a proxy request gets acted upon. To date I have found no information on this.

4. AJP classes have been removed from the distribution (e.g. org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig)
No comment in release notes about this.

5. Even though 4.2.0 was released a month ago
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=108479
all documentation is still 4.0.5
http://labs.jboss.com/jbossas/docs
which, when so many changes have been made, is not very 'Professional Open Source'

6. Searching, or even posting to, the bulletin board is usually pointless.

Maybe I have been spoilt by previous upgrades being so easy,

or maybe JBoss considers rewriting working applications (points 1 and 2) to be 'normal procedure' in an upgrade,

or maybe JBoss is losing it...

Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051631#4051631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051631