[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Validator causing EntityHome.managed equal false

hstang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 11:29:31 EDT 2007

Does anyone know why throwing a ValidatorException in annotated @Validator classes would cause EntityHome.managed false?  Other validation errors would not cause the managed property to be false except for those matched by @Validator classes.  In the code I provide below, after you enter "false" in the input text box, the button update button would disappear upon refresh because the managed property is set to false.

## sheep.xhtml

  | <h:form>
  |   <f:facet name="afterInvalidField">
  |     <s:message/>
  |   </f:facet>
  |
  |   <s:validateAll>
  |     <s:decorate>
  |       <h:inputText value="#{sheepHome.instance.name}"
  |                    required="true"
  |                    validator="testValidator"/>
  |     </s:decorate>
  |   </s:validateAll>
  |
  |   <h:commandButton action="#{sheepHome.update}"
  |                    value="Update"
  |                    rendered="#{sheepHome.managed}"/>
  | </h:form>

## sheep.page.xml

  | <page>
  |
  |   <begin-conversation join="true"/>
  |
  |   <param name="id" value="#{sheepHome.id}" converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  |
  | </page>

## TestValidator.java

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051781#4051781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051781