[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: mod_jk intermittently loosing connection to jboss 4.2

modoc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 16:23:28 EDT 2007

More information:

This appears to be related to open connections.

mod_jk was holding connections open to the JBoss web server on 8009, and the number of ESTABLISHED connections kept growing until tomcat started rejecting new connections.  Some of the connections would get reused, but not that many.

I set the connection_pool_timeout in the mod_jk config to 10 seconds.  This keeps the number of established connections down around 50-60.  However, the connections that have timed out of the pool, appear to persist forever.

The connection from the mod_jk TO JBossWeb sticks in FIN_WAIT1 or FIN_WAIT2:

10.10.77.194:57587      10.10.77.194:8009       FIN_WAIT1

The connection view from JBossWeb gets stuck in CLOSE_WAIT:

10.10.77.194:8009       10.10.77.194:57587      CLOSE_WAIT

Once the number of connections hits 1024 (or thereabouts) everything falls apart, of course, and I have to kill -9 jboss and start it up again.

This never happened with JBoss 4.0.5.  Apache and mod_jk haven't changed at all, so this has to be a change between Tomcat 5.5 or JBossWeb.  I can't be the only person to run into this.....

Ideas?

Devon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051892#4051892

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051892