[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversation id is already in use?

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 16:54:51 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I keep getting this error message at various times as I navigate through my test bookstore app.  Usually it appears when I change conversations on the switcher, but also during pageflow navigation. I'm using seam 1.2.1GA on JBoss 4.05

In pages.xml I define :

  | 	<conversation name="bookConv" parameter-name="bookId"
  | 		parameter-value="#{book.id}" />
  |

  | 	<page view-id="/bookEdit.xhtml" conversation="bookConv">
  | 		<begin-conversation join="true" flush-mode="manual" pageflow="bookEditFlow"/>
  | 		<description>Book Edit #{book.title}</description>
  | 	</page>

This is the only conversation config (I am not using @Begin methods).

My understanding was this this is the (new?) correct way to define business conversation Ids and parameter names, with the idea being that if you tried to edit the same book twice, the conversation param name and value would match an existing conversation and pick that up instead? So rather than start editing the book from scratch, it would just pick up on the existing conversation (which BTW is awesome).

I don't know whether the problem is that I use bookId as a request parameter when initially editing the book. I pass bookId manually based on whichever book you want to edit. My book instance is obtained from a @factory based on the value in the bookId @RequestParameter. I don't know whether this is right or wrong, but I wanted to try RESTful urls. In essence, this works in that it gets the book from the bookId, and outjects it.

My links to edit the book (from the book search page) look like :

  | <s:link view="/bookEdit.xhtml" value="#{vbook.title}" propagation="nested">
  |      <f:param name="bookId" value="#{vbook.id}" />
  | </s:link>

I use a nested propagation on the link because I want the editing to take place in a nested conversation from the book search page.

The other part of the puzzle is from my top menu (I use the one from the default seam app) I have my home link as :

  | <s:link view="/home.xhtml" value="Home" propagation="none"/>

The error seems to happen most when I go back home using this link and then try and switch to another conversation, but not always.
When I get the problem as part of a pageflow, I get it when I am returning to the bookEdit.xhtml view after selecting an author.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051895#4051895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051895