[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Primary key generator best practices? (Postgres specific

asack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 18:17:56 EDT 2007

Has anyone ran into this before?  What has happened is that after the 45th entry, the 4th one got deleted and then reused on the ensuing merge() call.  Now Hibernate is picking the 5th entry which is already taken and as such I get an EntityExists exception.

Also, the AUTO strategy for Postgres devolves into the SequenceGenerator.class for primary key generation so I'm trying to understand why SEQUENCE is any different (perhaps its not)?

Is there a way I can debug this.  What I'm trying to do is figure out where exactly Hibernate executes the save - I think I almost have it but debugging is a real pain in the Eclipse...

Any freebees or pointers would be most appreciated as we've seen this across multiple tables.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051912#4051912

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051912