[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Retrieving alias for WS Secure client

nightcap do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 07:49:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using X509 certificates to authenticate WebService clients for JBoss 4.0.5 and JBossWS 1.2.1 (JAX-WS).

Everything works fine, however, in my web service code, I would like to know the alias for the public key entry in the keystore for the calling client.

One way would be to parse the SOAP-document, obtain the element containing the security info, and manually look it up in the keystore.

However, I wonder if there is a standardized way, (Jboss-specific is no problem) of obtaining the alias from the keystore given the SOAP message, or at least a way of obtaing the certificate from the SOAP-message without manually digging into SOAP-details.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052078#4052078

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052078