[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: DS - No managed connections available within blocking ti

sc0tt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 10:59:45 EDT 2007

Hi,
     The number of users(clients) is set at 500.  In the  XXXXDS.xml(four of them), I have set the max connections to 200.  Normally it sits around 100(even with the 500 user load).   However, after say, 1 hour, the server itself pauses.  No clients are serviced, and it is impossible to run any commands on the server, as it will not respond.  This pause can last 200 seconds, after which time the server happily recovers.
I will increase the max DS connections to 750(ie larger than the current user load), just to test.   However, I would expect Datasources to be reused, and having a 500 user load with only 100 datasource connections seems quite reasonable.
  In terms of the db backend, this is oracle.  The oracle db seems quite happy, and simply pauses whilst the application pauses.  I have looked into several "statspack" reports for the oracle db during this time, but no "unusual" activity is reported, and nothing seems to be wrong.  In summary the oracle server seems perfectly fine.
   A stacktrace from the jboss server, indicates that there are several threads waiting on a db connection, yet there seems to be plenty of available headroom, for the datasources to grow, but nothing is growing them?

                            thanks
                                              Sc0tt....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052189#4052189

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052189