[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Interrupting a Conversation to Start Another

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 16:41:51 EDT 2007

I am writing an application where a user might be in the midst of a conversation and then may need to stop that one and jump to another page to initiate a new one.  Upon completing that new conversation, the user could then go to a list of unfinished conversations and complete them.

As a contrived example, say I start to order a pizza for myself which consists of figuring toppings, choosing sides if any, and payment.  Then I get a request from my boss that we need pizza for a company gathering later today.  So I somehow save my current order (explicitly or implicitly) and then go back to the original pizza order page to order for the company.  Somehow then I can retrieve my original order and complete it.

My question is simply if Seam makes such a thing even possible.  Can I save the original order?  If so, must I do so explicitly?  How many conversations can I interrupt (i.e. in the above example, can I interrupt the order for my company to initiate a third order?)?  When I am ready, can I produce a list of unfinished conversations for me to click on so I can complete them?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052299#4052299

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052299