[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: No active transaction?

toni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 02:14:45 EDT 2007

What is the best approach then for a task which might last for 1-6 hours, which is the case with mine. I have increased the transaction timeout already to 2h, but yesterday the task stopped after 2h, without raiging any exceptions.

I found the following message in the logs:

anonymous wrote :
  | 2007-06-08 03:59:59,945 WARN  [org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl] Transaction TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=www.timsvenson.de/870, BranchQual=, localId=870] timed out. status=STATUS_AC
  |

>From my own application log messages I can tell, that the task is not being completed. Is there a way not to run this task within a transaction?

I already thought of marking the method with TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW, but I'm not sure if this would solve the problem, as there still would be the outer transaction, which probably would time out after 2 h nevertheless.

What's the best approach?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052395#4052395

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052395