[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Dynamically loading a class at JBoss startup that uses a thi

psyllogism do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 09:48:23 EDT 2007

I am using JBoss 4.04 installed with EJB 3.0

I have an application that I am trying to deploy in an EAR, and in this application I have an MBean that tries to dynamically load a non-EJB class as JBoss is starting up. The MBean basically looks like this:

@Service(objectName="jboss.mx:service=ClassPreloadService")
  | @Management(ClassPreloadManagement.class)
  | public class ClassPreloadService implements ClassPreloadManagement {
  |
  |   public void start() throws Exception {
  |       Class.forName("com.example.MyClass");
  |   }
  | }

However, MyClass uses a third-party jar. If I put this third-party jar in %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/lib, add the environment variable JBOSS_CLASSPATH to Windows, and set it to be %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/lib/third-party.jar then I can get the class to load. But I'm pretty sure that this is a hack.

I also have third-party.jar in my EAR file, but it can't seem to find it there. Even if I add this line to my application.xml file:

<module>
  |      <java>
  |            third-party.jar
  |      </java>
  | </module>

Please, how can I get this class to load at startup without resorting to  putting the jar in %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/lib ? Or is that really the proper way to do it? Thanks for your help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052584#4052584

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052584