[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Adobe Flex

DavidInTx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 11:53:43 EDT 2007

There is one example project in cvs which is already has web services built in--seambay (careful--it's not seampay, which is another example project).  However, as seambay is not included in the copyexamples task in the build.xml in cvs, you'll have to do the following:

1.  Check out seam from cvs.

2.  Modify the build.xml that is directly under the main seam directory. Specifically, search for
 	<target name="copyexamples" description="Copy examples to dist dir">

and then add 	<include name="seambay/**/*" />

to the list of examples to be copied.

3.  run "ant dist" in the main seam directory, which contains that build.xml that you just modified.  You will get a jboss-seam-1.3.0-ALPHA directory created next to the jboss-seam directory you checked out from cvs.

4.  Go into the jboss-seam-1.3.0-ALPHA directory, and modify your build.properties file to point to your jboss location.  (Seambay doesn't work with tomcat--that may be why it's not included in copyexamples by default).

5.  Still in the jboss-seam-1.3.0-ALPHA directory, go to examples/seambay, and type "ant deploy".

6.  Start up jboss, and point to localhost:8080/seam-bay, and play with the example.  In particular, register via the regular ui, and then go to the test page and send ws requests as desired.

7.  I didn't see any documentation regarding whether or not the wsdl is supposed to be published somewhere.  However, when I was watching the jboss startup logs, I saw this message:

anonymous wrote : 10:46:52,401 INFO  [WSDLFilePublisher] WSDL published to: file:/C:/Program Files/jboss-4.2.0.GA/server/default/data/wsdl/seam-bay.ear/seam-bay.jar/AuctionServiceService62575.wsdl  and sure enough, the wsdl was there.  Note that the numbers (62575) seem to change each time I restart jboss.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052658#4052658

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052658