[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: a4j:region and conversationID

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 15:50:35 EDT 2007

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : No, its not. Seam keeps the conversation id in the UIViewRoot, so if you want to change the conversation context from a partial render, you would need to render the whole f:view (which is not really a partial render!).

  | This is definitely a limitation of the current design (closely related to our limitation that there may be only one conversation per page), but I believe it's perfectly fine for almost all purposes.
  |
  | However, this should be documented, since it is not at all intuitive unless you happen to know how Seam in implemented. So please create in issue in JIRA, asking for documentation, and assign it to me. Thanks.

I just want to say that this is totall crap - I spoke to Igor and Alexandr yesterday, and Ajax4JSF *always* updates the view state from UIViewRoot down.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052730#4052730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052730