[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: My list of questions: Seam validation, transactions and

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 9 21:23:16 EDT 2007

Sorry about truncating my reply, I had to go out.

"beligum" wrote : 5. Is it normal I can't use <s:convertEntity /> if I use @PersistenceContext instead of an injected (@In) entity manager?

Yes.  s:convertEntity uses an SMPC / Seam managed transactions to reload the entity from the PC.  Unless you have a LRC in which you previously loaded the entity the reloaded entity won't be equal - you have to use ID equality (see http://hibernate.org/109.html).  And I need to work out how to explain this better ;)

anonymous wrote : 8. If I would like to post my findings of today in a wiki, what's the best one I can choose?

Any additions to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SeamProblemsFAQ are great, otherwise, you could use the above as the start of SeamPersistenceFAQ linked off the main wiki page :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052862#4052862

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052862