[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Transaction TransactionImpl time out ?

alchemista do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 10 07:56:04 EDT 2007

"jaap" wrote : I got the same errors after upgrading to 4.0.2 (from 3.2.6). It happens when a process it too slow and it exceeds the time-out of 5 minutes set in JBoss for transactions.
  | The result is indeed very disturbing, JBoss sort of crashes, it will only serve error pages and sends thousands of ERROR e-mails (log4j is set up to do so) in only a few minutes of time. The only solution is to kill the JBoss process.
  |
  | I am not sure if the cause of this is new for JBoss 4, because for my implementation JBoss 4 is about 40% slower then JBoss 3, so that might be the cause of my time-out problem. But the solution is not very simple because you might think it could help to increase the time-out value (conf/jboss-service.xml). It doesn't. Somehow this value is not taken into account. And i am using Hibernate for the persistence, and i did not find a way to influence the time-out settings of a transaction programatically (the normal transactions can, but hibernate hides or disables these functions). So, i have reprogrammed the 'heavy pieces' of software. All intense calculations are performed before any transaction and that seems to have solved my problems.
  |
  | Jaap

I think the reason that editing that file is not sufficient is that it may not be persisted across restarts.  I found from some other research that if you want to change the timeout setting across restarts, then:

You can edit the jboss-service.xml file in server/conf/templates to
persist values across restarts.

I haven't tested this myself yet, however.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052891#4052891

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052891