[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: My list of questions: Seam validation, transactions and

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 10 10:49:11 EDT 2007

I think we still have some confusion here: JSF does

1) RESTORE VIEW
2) APPLY REQUEST VALUES (update the JSF component instances with the submitted values - localValue on EditableValueHolder) (no affect on your backing beans here)
3) PROCESS VALIDATIONS - run converters, then validators (this is the *only* point at which s:convertEntity is invoked)
4) UPDATE MODEL
5) INVOKE APPLICATION

- if an exception is thrown anywhere, then further stages are aborted.

Transactions (JTA) and JSF know nothing about each other - so whether the transaction rolls back or not has no effect on updating the model.

Anyway, I have never seen the effect you describe.  Can you try doing this without all the ui:decorate stuff (just put the components on the page) and see if you still observer the same effect? If you do, please submit a runnable, simple example of this to JIRA and I'll take a look (without the templating stuff)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052909#4052909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052909