[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Why are there no task queues?

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 10 20:19:09 EDT 2007

Ronald,

Yes...
I know that you can implement queues as actors.  But having a common queue abstraction in the engine provides a useful place to hang assignment and assignment-management behavior.

Actor pools could also be implemented outside of the engine.  But they were deemed useful enough to incorporate.

It just seems really strange to me to implement actor pools but not queues, and I was looking for insight into what the motivations might be.  I guess it's probably an accident of the history of requirements encountered for this particular engine.

-Ed

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052958#4052958

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052958