[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Session context variable missing

gmarcus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 16:57:22 EDT 2007

Thank you so much for your reply Peter.
Specifically helpful is the netiquette on posting.
>From now on, I will just include the important stuff.

I am still trying to wrap my head around bi-jection and scopes.

anonymous wrote :
  | Also, you would probably have more luck if you actually outjected to the SESSION scope, rather than the CONVERSATION scope (by default you it outjects to the scope of it's parent).

Is it true that during injection, SEAM will lookup a named component in all scopes based on the well known precedence (STATELESS, EVENT, PAGE, ...)?

I thought that by default, SEAM will outject to the same scope that it injected from.
My thinking was that for every function call on my SFSB, SEAM would inject currentCategory from the SESSION,
let it be changed by the SFSB and outject it back to the SESSION.

I want whatever Category the user selects to be reflected in the session.

How about this approach?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053276#4053276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053276