[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Question about clustering

Trooper80 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 12 05:33:09 EDT 2007

Hello everybody

I deployed my application on a clustered configuration with all my EJBs clustered e.t.c. I added the Clustered annotation on each one of them. My question is "Is it possible to add all ejbs of my jar as clustered by using the jboss.xml?"

Does this descriptor below work for example(notice the *)?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 4.0//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_4_0.dtd">

	<security-domain>myRealm</security-domain>
	<unauthenticated-principal>guest</unauthenticated-principal>
	<enterprise-beans>

			<ejb-name>*</ejb-name>
			<jndi-name>*</jndi-name>
			true
			<cluster-config>
				<partition-name>DefaultPartition</partition-name>
				<bean-load-balance-policy>
					org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RandomRobin
				</bean-load-balance-policy>
			</cluster-config>

	</enterprise-beans>

or do I have to add all my EJBs explicitly which is not what I want?

How can I know if an EJB is deployed as clustered? I checked the JMX console but could not find anything. The logs don't say anything. I also removed all the Clustered annotations apart from one EJB to see if there was some extra log info on that EJB differing from the rest which supposingly use the jboss.xml.

The <security-domain>myRealm</security-domain>
added each EJB to the security realm without any annotations which was very convinient since I use the same EJBs in different applications with different realms.

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053407#4053407

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053407