[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - XDoclet error (NullPointerException)

padmanabh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 07:42:26 EDT 2007

I was trying to build a sample application using JBoss Eclipse IDE. I followed the steps mentioned in the IDE tutorial to configure XDoclet. But I can't seem to get it to generate the EJB descriptors and interfaces correctly.

I Keep getting this error on the console:

Buildfile: D:\Eclipse_Workspace1\HelloWorld\xdoclet-build.xml
  | N65540:
  | [ejbdoclet] (XDocletMain.start                   47  ) Running <deploymentdescriptor/>
  | [ejbdoclet] java.lang.NullPointerException
  | [ejbdoclet] at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
  | [ejbdoclet] at xdoclet.tagshandler.PackageTagsHandler.getPackageNameFor(PackageTagsHandler.java:69)
  | [ejbdoclet] at xdoclet.tagshandler.PackageTagsHandler.getPackageNameFor(PackageTagsHandler.java:37)
  | [ejbdoclet] at xdoclet.tagshandler.PackageTagsHandler.packageNameAsPathFor(PackageTagsHandler.java:134)
  | [ejbdoclet] at xdoclet.GenerationManager.isGenerationNeeded(GenerationManager.java:345)

Can anyone tell me what am i missing in the XDoclet config file? I followed the steps in the tutorial exactly...:(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053903#4053903

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053903