[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Overriding webapp context parameters

gadbois do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 11:54:00 EDT 2007

Using JBoss AS 4.0.4 GA.  Given a war file whose web.xml specifies a context parameter, how can I override the parameter value without modifying the web.xml file?  In a standalone Tomcat, if web.xml has

  |   <context-param>
  |     <param-name>com.foo.PARAM</param-name>
  |     <param-value>FOO</param-value>
  |   </context-param>

I can override it by specifying

  |   <Parameter name="com.foo.PARAM" value="BAR" override="false"/>

I have tried a couple of things, neither of which works:

1. Specifying another version of the context-param element in deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/conf/web.xml fails because there is a duplicate check.

2. Specifying a Context element with the Parameter element in deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml fails because the Catalina config parser does not know how to find the webapp.

Any help would be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054054#4054054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054054