[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Help with concurrent subprocess instances!

kosulin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 15:08:05 EDT 2007

I am pretty new to jBPM, and tried to find solution in forums and wike without much success.
Here is what I need:
I have a single (reusable) process which processes a single file with a given name.
To be able to run this process I define a superprocess with task node for user to provide the file name and this process as subprocess. This causes no problems.
I also need to create another process which would take all file names from, say, a specified directory, create sub-process instances for every file, wait for all subprocess instances to finish, and report results from every subprocess to a user for further decision. I do not know how many files there are. This sounds like fork and join with variable number of tokens. How can I implement it? And how to pass parameters in this case?
Also, because all these forked instances have the same process definition, I could try to run concurrent instances of a single transition (I found a reference that this is possible), but how to do this?
And is there way to reflect this concurrency in GPD diagram?

Thanks,
Vlad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054101#4054101

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054101