[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Web Beans future

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 00:59:16 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : How is Seam and WebBeans related?

Seam will be the reference implementation for Web Beans, and is one of the inspirations and sources of ideas for Web Beans.

So a future version of Seam will implement Web Beans (I imagine it will be the first implementation of Web beans).

Guice is another source of inspiration and ideas and, indeed, some features of the current incomplete Web Beans draft look more like Guice than Seam. Actually, IMO, the current design of Web Beans is very much superior to both Guice and Seam, since it draws ideas from both and mixes them together in a very elegant way. I'm actually really excited about where we headed now, we've got the basics done, finally....

anonymous wrote : If Seam and WebBeans are different and will walk separately, I think I choose to wait for WebBeans to be released and use WebBeans instead

This doesn't seem very practical. Web Beans is a year away from completion, probably.

And, hopefully, it will be possible to mix Seam and Web Beans components together in the same application, running on the Seam core.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054183#4054183

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054183