[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: bug or limitation with seam/facelets ?

rhardy5014 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 06:42:25 EDT 2007

I am getting a similar error (model validation failed: none) when trying to validate a field on a page use the hibernate validator.

I am using:
JBOSS 4.0.4GA
Seam 1.2.1 GA
Ajax4jsf 1.1.0

The JSF snippet is:

               <s:decorate id="#{decorationID}">
  |                     <h:inputText styleClass="#{invalid?'invalidField searchInput':'searchInput'}"
  |                                  value="#{searchInfo.fullText}"
  |                                  required="true">
  |                          <s:validate/>
  |                          <a4j:support event="onblur"
  |                                       reRender="#{decorationID}"
  |                                       eventsQueue="generalEventQueue"
  |                                       oncomplete="releaseAjax();"/>
  |                     </h:inputText>
  |                </s:decorate>

and my Seam bean property is validated as follows:

        @Length(max=20)
  | 	private String fullText = null;

The error occurs when ajax4jsf causes the inputText field to be validated.

Any ideas what this error means?

Thanks,
Richard.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054288#4054288