[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Base is null error

sandipp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 07:12:32 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am getting Base is null error when I try to login to my application.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Base is null: loginFormBean
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:202)
	org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:122)

root cause

javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Base is null: loginFormBean
	org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.resolveToBaseAndProperty(ValueBindingImpl.java:455)
	org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getType(ValueBindingImpl.java:169)
	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicInputRenderer.getConvertedValue(HtmlBasicInputRenderer.java:111)
	javax.faces.component.UIInput.getConvertedValue(UIInput.java:713)
	javax.faces.component.UIInput.validate(UIInput.java:638)
	javax.faces.component.UIInput.executeValidate(UIInput.java:849)
	javax.faces.component.UIInput.processValidators(UIInput.java:412)
	javax.faces.component.UIForm.processValidators(UIForm.java:170)
	javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processValidators(UIComponentBase.java:912)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processValidators(UIViewRoot.java:342)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.processValidations(LifecycleImpl.java:240)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:76)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:197)
	org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:122)

I am using apache-tomcat-5.5.17,JDK 1.5,Exadel.

I have jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar also I have myfaces-api.jar,myfaces-impl.jar.
On various forums I read that put one jar out of these two(i.e Sun's or myfaces)
But when I created my project first time with above jar files it worked fine for me.

But when I try to create another project its giving me above error.

Can anybody tell me why its giving me above error.I almost searched on google but no luck.

I am deploying my project through ant command to external tomcat.

1) I tried to create project by opening eclipse in clean mode to remove cache but still no success.

Thanks
Sandip

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054296#4054296

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054296