[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Do file upload component support jpeg and png only?

nhpvti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 12:34:40 EDT 2007

"shakenbrain" wrote : You can upload any kind of file with the file upload component.

Yes, I can upload any content and I can see binary data of the gif image in the database with contentType field set to  image/gif

But the problem is that web browsers (e.g. IE7, Firefox 2.x, Opera 9.x) don't show uploaded gif images.

"shakenbrain" wrote :
  | The seamspace example, however, accepts only certain types of image files.  I believe it looks at the content-type of the uploaded file and rejects it when not one of the accepted types.

<s:fileUpload id="picture" data="#{register.picture}" accept="image/gif"
  |                               contentType="#{register.pictureContentType}" />

But if you mean accept attribute, it was intended for file filtering by web browsers and is ignored.

http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/forms/input.html

anonymous wrote : The file input type creates a field through which users can upload files from their local computer or network. The VALUE attribute specifies the name of the initial file, but it is typically ignored by browsers as a security precaution. The ACCEPT attribute gives a comma-separated list of media types accepted, allowing the browser to filter out inappropriate files. Current browsers generally ignore the ACCEPT attribute.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054489#4054489

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054489