[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - accessing a database in jboss

ros060 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 16:27:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a small application where I access a database using ejb with jsp/servlets. The application is working ok but I have a question about the mysql-ds.xml file and ejb-jar.xml file.

I have pasted the 2 files below. The thing is at the moment I have specified the name of the database in mysql-ds.xml. I would like to state this name in the ejb-jar.xml file so that I do not have to change the name of the database everytime I have to access one.

Shall be thankful if somebody could advise me.

Ros

ejb-jar.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

<ejb-jar>
    Customer Info Stateless Session Bean Application
    <display-name>Customer Info Stateless Session Bean</display-name>
    <enterprise-beans>

            <ejb-name>CustomerInfoStateless</ejb-name>
            com.ejb.CustomerInfoStatelessHome
            com.ejb.CustomerInfoStateless
            <ejb-class>com.ejb.CustomerInfoStatelessBean</ejb-class>
            <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
			<resource-ref>
            This is a reference to a JDBC database.
            <res-ref-name>java:/MySqlDS</res-ref-name>
            <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
       </resource-ref>

    </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

mysql-ds.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- $Id: mysql-ds.xml 41016 2006-02-07 14:23:00Z acoliver $ -->
<!--  Datasource config for MySQL using 3.0.9 available from:
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-jdbc-stable.html
-->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/customerdb</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <user-name>root</user-name>

    <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
    <!-- should only be used on drivers after 3.22.1 with "ping" support
    <valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name>
    -->
    <!-- sql to call when connection is created
    <new-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</new-connection-sql>
      -->
    <!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from pool - MySQLValidConnectionChecker is preferred for newer drivers
    <check-valid-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</check-valid-connection-sql>
      -->

    <!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->

       <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054532#4054532

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054532