[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Maven 2 plugin?

stalep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 15 11:59:02 EDT 2007

i added maven-jbossaop-plugin to the aop svn respository. i guess we'll move it to the jboss-plugins repository when the time is right, but i just added it here so the hardcore aop users could test it out :)
small howto:
1. get the source and run (in the maven-jbossaop-plugin folder): mvn install (this will build the plugin and put in your local repo)
2. add to the pom.xml where you want to use aopc:

  | <dependency>
  |     <groupId>jboss</groupId>
  |     <artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>
  |     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  | </dependency>
  | <dependency>
  |     <groupId>jboss</groupId>
  |     <artifactId>jboss-aop</artifactId>
  |     <version>2.0.0.alpha2</version>
  | </dependency>
  | <dependency>
  |     <groupId>jboss</groupId>
  |     <artifactId>jboss-common</artifactId>
  |     <version>4.0.2</version>
  | </dependency>
  | <dependency>
  |     <groupId>concurrent</groupId>
  |     <artifactId>concurrent</artifactId>
  |     <version>1.3.4</version>
  | </dependency>
  |   <plugins>
  |     <plugin>
  |         <groupId>jboss</groupId>
  |         <artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>
  |         <!-- include this if you want to always run aopc after compile
  |         <executions>
  |               <execution>
  |                 <id>aopc</id>
  |                 <configuration>
  |                   <aoppath>src/main/resources/jboss-aop_blabla.xml</aoppath>
  |                 </configuration>
  |                 <goals>
  |                   <goal>aopc</goal>
  |                 </goals>
  |               </execution>
  |         </executions>
  |         -->
  |     </plugin>
  |   </plugins>

- the "configuration" tag is only show as an example and is not needed if you only have a file named jboss-aop.xml in src/main/resources.
if the execution tag is omitted you have to run: mvn compile and then mvn jbossaop:aopc to aopc the files.
almost all options supported in ant is supported here, take a look at the javadoc for more info.
test it out and let me know how it works. i need to learn a bit more about maven before im comfortable letting this out :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054822#4054822

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054822