[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - SLSB in Mbean

MurphyRic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 09:27:14 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm using MBeans to call a Stateless SessionBean in my application.
Below is how I declared the MBean in the JBoss-service.xml file.
I'm using Jboss-4.0.2, JDK 1.5.
----------- JBoss-service.xml ------------------------

<mbean code="com.myapp.services.PlatformManagerJMXService" name="com.myapp.services:name=PlatformManagerJMXService">
  | <depends>jboss.j2ee:module=my-ejb.jar,service=EjbModule</depends>
  |   </mbean>

Problem:
The jboss-service.xml file gets loaded, when Jboss starts..., it throws the below Exception and this is due to looking-up the SLSBean in the JNDI before it actually loads.
-----------------------error--------------------------------
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.Socket
TimeoutException: Receive timed out]

I tried with the below code also in the Jboss-service.xml file and still getting the same "Timed out" exception. I expected this should actually load the MBean after the Naming service is started.

Anything wrong in the below?

<mbean code="com.myapp.services.PlatformManagerJMXService" name="com.myapp.services:name=PlatformManagerJMXService">
  | <attribute name="JndiName">ejb/MyPlatformManager</attribute>
  |         <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
  | </mbean>

I request you to please help me resolve this problem

Thanks and Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055214#4055214

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055214